Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thoughts?

I'm in the process of possibly applying to graduate school. I'm also in the process of possibly trying to learn Italian. I'm in the process of possibly doing lots of things.

But back to the point. The application requires an essay response. I'm going to list the possible questions below. I ask that those of you who know me, offer any thoughts on which question might be a good one for me to answer.

I have to answer one of the following:

1. The issue of individual versus collective rights is a perennial topic in American politics. Use on constitutional amendment (e.g., the first amendment) to evaluate its application in American society today.

2. Respond to one of the following quotations:
People with to be settled: only as far as they are unsettled is there any hope for them. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Let the beauty we love be what we do. - Rumi
The are times in which a genius would wish to live. It is not in the still calm of life, or the repose of a pacific station, that great characters are formed. - Abigail Adams


3. Comment on a specific work of art, music or literature and how it has affected or shaped the direction of your life.

1 comment:

Tripp Franklin said...

#3 seems easiest, and gives you the most freedom in your response. Assumming, of course, that you've been affected by something.