Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I don't need you people

This was enough fun to look up that I decided I don't need you people. So here is my top-five list. I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting, and some I'm intentionally leaving out (for example, I hated Duke at the time, so there was no way I was going to include the shot to beat Kentucky). Also, with two exceptions, I went with singular plays, rather than a collection of plays (although some of the clips don't reflect that, simply because I couldn't find appropriate clips). So with that build up, here we go.

5a. My two fives are my exceptions to the "one play" rule. This one just kind of encapsulated one of the greatest weekends of college hoops I think I'll ever see.
5b. After all the talk about him on the blog today, I couldn't NOT include a montage of Mr. Curry's best moments from last year. I couldn't find a great compilation, so here's his efforts against Gonzaga.
4. Since I showed it already, I'll put it at #4, but here's Bryce Drew again. I loved that one for a lot of reasons, mostly because I predicted it after I remembered Drew lighting up a team (I think it was Boston College) in the previous NCAA Tourney.
3. This was before Gonzaga became the perennial power. This was when they were still the underdog. I remember this vividly, running around my freshman dorm.
2. This was another one I enjoyed because I picked it. But also because it was so perfect. Just a perfect scenario.
1. I think I'll remember where I was for this one my entire life. Some serious pride. I was jumping around my office like a crazy man at about 11 pm.

No comments: