Tuesday, November 18, 2008

That's how I roll

I began at 11:47 EST Monday night. We are now rolling into Wednesday morning. And I'm still going strong.

I thought I'd take this opportunity to recap some of the other times I can remember that I stayed up for 24 hours or more.

-Senior year of high school, my friends and I bought and drank an assload of Mountain Dew and watched movies. A few of us made it through the night without sleeping. I was one of them.
-The night after I graduated from high school, we had a "project graduation" which basically involved supervised camping. Did not sleep that night. Then went whitewater rafting the next day. "That's why they call the rapids not slowpids."
-I am almost certain I stayed up for more than 24 hours at some points during my college years, but I can't recall when. I remember going to the beach with some friends to watch the sun rise the summer I lived in the Chicago suburbs, and I think I stayed up 24 hours that night.
-Fairly recently, I stayed up 24 hours in support of my friend Krista who was working a 24-hour-plus shift at the hospital as part of her residency.
-Now we can add watching 24 hours of ESPN to the list.

No comments: