Tuesday, November 18, 2008

This is why I am doing this now

I had a friend, logically, assume that I was going to do my 24-hour ESPN adventure over a weekend. Sure, that would have made some good sense, considering I wouldn't miss any work (but look at the Landmark website it's been updated!) and then I could catch up on sleep with relative ease.

So yes, that would have made some sense. But to understand my rationale, you must understand ESPN. While ESPN is a 24-hour sports network, they are famous (or maybe infamous) for re-airing the exact same SportsCenter on a loop during the morning hours. This is one reason I never attempted this feat, I couldn't stomach the thought of seeing the same highlights 20 times during each repeat of SportsCenter. So I was waiting for a special event like this, when there is lots of new live action.

However, I'm currently stuck in a waiting period for the next live game (10 EST, Drexel vs. Penn) and I'm now on my second hour of SportsCenter. And while with the new live SportsCenter, there is some new content, I've now heard the same Dick Vitale interview three times. Trust me, once was enough.

Basically what I'm saying is, these next few hours are going to be a challenge.

No comments: