Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Important correction

In an earlier post, I noted how Derek Kellog and Leonard Travieso formed the ugliest backcourt in the history of college basketball.

That post was riddled with factual errors, which I have been prompted to correct. First of all, and most simply, Mr. Travieso's first name is Carmelo, not Leonard. I apologize to the entire Travieso family for the error.

Second, and perhaps most importantly, the starting backcourt for that team was IN FACT, Derek Kellogg and Edgar Padilla, while Travieso was the sixth man. Padilla was the exceptionally unattractive fellow, while Kellogg still had bad hair. Travieso was only moderately unfortunate looking.

I actually had a hunch as I wrote that post that I was forgetting someone, but I felt it was unfair for me to look up the facts, as it hurt the argument that this was just information I had in my head. But you, as my devoted blog readers, deserve better than that. You deserve a greater attention to detail. And I will strive to live up to that greater standard for the remainder of this marathon.

Hat-tip to the esteemed Hayden Alfano for pointing out my mistakes (as he does so often, and with great vigor).

No comments: